Friday, June 13, 2008

The Tragedy of Losing a Father and a Son

Tim Russert passed away today. I'm working from home and it was just reported on CNN. He suffered a heart attack while working at the NBC News Washington Bureau.

I didn't follow Tim much. Saw him occasionally on Meet the Press, the Today Show, and other news programs. I always enjoyed his political interviewing and commentary. I never read his books either, although considering the subject matter of fathers, I'd like to read them now.

What struck me in today's coverage was that no matter how much of a famous journalist Tim had become, the fact that he had to move his elderly father to an assisted-care facility this week was sad and moving. From what I gather, Tim and his father had a close relationship, as did Tim and his son, and I can't imagine what they're going through. My father has had his share of close calls over the years. I just can't imagine.


My thoughts and prayers are with Tim's family.


No comments:

Post a Comment