Sunday, June 22, 2008

Daddy K’s levee breaks

All kidding aside, maybe it's global warming?


Between the local fires in the Santa Cruz area where we live and the devastating floods in the Midwest where we have family, this is the worst of times for many American families.


One of my favorite Bible verses is Job 14:7:


For there is hope for a tree, when it is cut down, that it will sprout again, and its shoots will not fail.


I always think of it when I witness personal tragedy, whether it be from external forces or from within. I've always been a hopeful soul, and when I see neighbor helping neighbor, friend helping friend, my heart swells.


And I'd prefer those levees to break to any others.


I encourage you all to do what you can to help. Time, knowledge, prayers, action and money are all currencies with high exchange rates. I just made another donation to the Red Cross. Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment