Monday, June 2, 2008

Daddy K Keeps on Readin’ and Writin’ (and Truckin’)

It’s a troublesome world. All the people who’re in it
are troubled with troubles almost every minute.

You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot,

for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not!

Thank you Dr. Seuss for such insight! I just read Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? the other night to Mama A and Baby B and it was yet another scrumptulescent romp through surreal and silly truisms (sometimes).

Baby B is going to see both the light and darkness of the world soon enough, so it’s up to us to guide (and bob and weave at times). But that’s a blog posting for another time…

In the meantime, I wrote to some of you a little over a month ago that I went down to one of our local used bookstores and picked up three favorite classics of mine: The House on Pooh Corner, Green Eggs and Ham and Go, Dog. Go!

It's been so much fun reading them again!

"I do not like that hat."

"Good-by."

"Good-by."

Crazy fun! Now I have to go back for the Berenstain Bears and Babar and Where the Wild Things Are and The Giving Tree and so many more. And of course I can't forget Toco the Toucan!

Thanks to Heath for loaning us Andrew Henry’s Meadow (makes me wanna build things) and to Amy’s mom for giving us a whole box of old children’s books.

Send me your fave titles,
both old and new,
and I’ll post them in the blog
(and buy some too)!

(Tonight’s posting is a little under the weather, as I’m a lot under the weather. Ack. I feel poopie. But I’ll keep on readin’, writin’ and truckin’. Good night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment