Tuesday, June 24, 2008

K Daddy goes for a run and picks up a six-pack

I keep picking up the pace for the upcoming Wharf to Wharf – and along the way I'm going to start picking up the trash on Natural Bridges Way and West Cliff Drive.

Yep, I've had it with the inconsiderate and thoughtless imbeciles who litter our world. Really. What is the frickin' problem of not taking care of your trash? I don't care how old you are or what you're doing; there's always a trash can somewhere nearby.


During my run this morning, I picked up an empty six pack of beer and threw it in the trash without missing a beat. I just can't leave this crap laying around anymore for the city folks to clean up. The City of Santa Cruz is already in a heap of budget trouble anyway.


The time is now. So from this point on, whether it's during a run or during our Friday morning walk, I'm bringing gloves and a garbage bag and picking up after the loser litterers. The Clean Beaches Coalition does it for the beaches, let's do it for our streets.


And because the Native American Indian still cries, let's help keep our neighborhoods and cities clean. You're just one run or walk away.


No comments:

Post a Comment