Saturday, June 7, 2008

Baby B graduates from high school; Daddy K gets cooler with K Daddy

Well, not really. The high school part, not the K Daddy. Baby B is a long way from graduating high school, but our niece Celeste was not. She graduated from Mt. Whitney High School last night and we were there to celebrate. We couldn’t be more proud. (Okay, maybe her mom and dad are.)

Congratulations CJ!

It’s been too long since we’ve seen everybody. The first picture includes my nephew Nick, my mom, Celeste and my dad.

The second are the three Mt. Whitney grads (me, CJ and my sister)! Class of 1984, class of 2008 and class of 1986. Go Pioneers!

Check out the video of the Mt. Whitney Alma Mater and the mad rush of grads to pick up their diplomas.

Mt. Whitney High, our Alma Mater true
Our colors unfold, our faith pledged to you

Praises ever are strong and bold

Our hearts will e’re prevail

Mt. Whitney High, we hail, hail, hail!

Had no idea those were the words.



We had a great time at my sister’s after the graduation. Lots of yummy food and friend and family time. I played Guitar Hero for the first time to Alice Cooper’s “School’s Out.” How appropriate is that? I butchered the notes at first and then kinda got the hang of it towards the end of the song.

And then at one point in the night Celeste said, “Hey, K Daddy.”

I said, “No, it’s Daddy K.”

“K Daddy’s cooler.”

She may have something there.

My moments:

Junior high graduation dance, dancing with my friends to “School’s Out”

High school graduation, pushing my best friend Robby down the ramp in his wheelchair

College graduation from SJSU, glowing proudly in a warm sea of caps and gowns

Baby B, these moments pass so fast, like friendly phantoms that dance a fleeting glimpse at sunset, leaving us alone with star shine and sweet dream sleep.

School's out forever
School's out for summer

School's out with fever

School's out completely

No comments:

Post a Comment