Thursday, August 14, 2008

Daddy K’s favorite radio show

I didn't grow up listening to radio shows like the generations before me, but I'd argue that audio podcasts are the on-demand radio shows of the 21st century. One of my favorites is This American Life. I may have mentioned this show before, and if I have, I highly recommend it.

The latest episode I'm listening to is called A Little Bit of Knowledge, and Act One includes some very funny stories of how we learn things wrong as children and don't unlearn them until adulthood.


One woman believed in unicorns as a child, equating them to the zebra family. Then when she was in college she was at a party and the conversation turned to endangered and extinct animals. She honestly asked:


"So, is the unicorn endangered or extinct?"


Silence, then laughter, then silence.


You can't make this stuff up. I want B to ride them.

No comments:

Post a Comment