Friday, April 22, 2011

The Human Race in Santa Cruz


The Human Race is nationwide community fundraising event for nonprofits and schools on May 7, 2011. And while corporate profits are higher than they've been before the global economic meltdown, many non-profits are on the brink of bankruptcy.

The Human Race is about the helping and healing journey for these nonprofits and what it takes to get there. One collaborative step at a time.

I didn't participate last year, but the year before Mama, Bea and me did. The entire B-hive will be with me this year (unless Bryce is napping, but hey, she's only 8 months old).

For those who know me and read my blog, you know my personal mission is to increase the awareness and prevention of intimate partner violence (domestic violence).

So this year my participation in the Santa Cruz Human Race is all about raising a little money and awareness for the Walnut Avenue Women's Center where I volunteer as a child advocate.

The Walnut Avenue Women's Center is a 501(c)3 public benefit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for women, children, and families in the local community for over 75 years. Through interactive, supportive programs, WAWC seeks to improve the economic, physical, and emotional well being of all families in Santa Cruz County.

If you'd like to sponsor me, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, think about supporting your local family services centers.

Because until we get the partner violence under control, if we ever can, the abused parent and their children will always need a safe place to go.

It would be nice if that were home.

You can support the center by going to my Human Race page.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment