Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A New Hope, Blue Genes and Fatherhood -- Episodes IV, V & VI

Yes, celebrating 30 years of The Empire Strikes Back with JibJab (and the entire original Star Wars trilogy) and one hour of not working.

How much fun is that? Tons.

The Cast:

Han Solo -- Me
Princess Leia -- Mama
Luke Skywalker -- Beatrice
R2-D2 -- Bryce (in utero)
Obi-Wan Kenobi -- My Dad (adopting step-dad)
Darth Vader -- My birth father

Enjoy!

Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope



Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back




Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi


Now on the briefly serious side. Star Wars hit the big screen when I was 12 years old. Those who read my blog know that was when monsters roamed my realm and running from my blue genes had only just begun.

Star Wars freed me to roam in a galaxy far, far away and to swashbuckle with villains, heroes and hope.

My Vader is me, but I am not him, yet we are one.

For fathers who break the cycle of violence and abuse: May the force be with you. Always.

2 comments:

  1. The journey you took to get from where you were to where you are must have been horrific at times. I'm glad you survived and even happier you thrived. You are proof that children don't always live what they learn.

    Maybe that's why I enjoyed the original three episodes of Star Wars so much: Hope. If there is hope there can be a future.

    And may the force always be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a sweet person. Thank you for always stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

    And Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete