Friday, May 28, 2010

It became a game of baby racquetball, with Bea as the ball.

That was fun. Playing racquetball on the couch with my baby yesterday. While on the phone with a prospect...

Sometimes when I work from home we'll put on a baby DVD for Bea so Mama can workout in the family gym and I'll watch Bea, either working on my laptop or making calls.

Because usually she just sits or stands, fuzzy in hand and thumb in mouth, and watches contentedly.

Until yesterday. When she learned how to climb onto the couch and bounce.

One of the DVD sets we have is the eebee's adventure series.

"eebee eebee baby I love you..."

In the the DVD's eebee, who is an adorable and colorful puppet with Rasta-like spikes for hair, plays along with many other real babies and toddlers in hands-on adventure activities.

Like climbing.

Bea already climbs the stairs on her own (with our supervision of course), but she hasn't really climbed on top of our cuddle chair or the couch.

Until yesterday.

So I'm on a conference call with a prospect, eebee's climbing on a mountain of pillows on the TV screen, and when I look around for Bea, there she is hauling her little butt on on the couch where she proceeded to bounce.

And fall.

I know kids have to learn what's dangerous and what's not, but we still have to play hall monitor so there are no serious injuries.

Bea bounced from one end of the couch to the other, springing off the back of the couch each time -- while bonking her head on the top back of the couch -- then bounced again from one end to the other, springing off the back of the couch --

It became a game of baby racquetball, with Bea as the ball.

Fortunately I was on a headset and could switch from one hand to the other preventing her from falling forward onto the floor below.

Swat.

Save.

Bounce.

Swat.

Save.

Bounce.

Swat.

Save.

Bounce.

I couldn't capture the moment being indisposed as I was, but this video captures Bea's rambunctious dance-dance-bounce energy of late.

Love that little girl (and Bryce too)!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment