Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sharing the cathartic zero gravity of family love

That's why we have our very own space station in orbit upstairs.

Every night after dinner, when it's time to decouple from the reality of the earthbound realm, we take the imaginary shuttle up the staircase and bathe ourselves in the cathartic zero gravity of family love.

In other words, family play time. Beatrice chasing me and me chasing Bea while Mama plays with an excited Bryce eager to join the chase. Bea loves for me to hide and then pounce out from the shadows and scare the Be-Jesus out of her, which makes Mama giggle because she thinks it's crazy funny that Bea likes to be scared like that. It won't be like this forever I know, but then again, I'm not worried about forever right now, only right now.

I've just started a new career that I'm very excited about, but that will take me away from home on travel from time to time. Considering I've been home a lot more in the past six months, it'll certainly be a transition for us all.

Then there's global instability -- both manmade and natural -- that seems to be on the rise, which has put Mama in super-protection mode, elevating our emergency preparedness that includes buying way too much dried seaweed and capsules of unidentifiable green stuff. At least I've convinced her not to buy radiation suits or a Geiger counter since as of today the West coast is in pretty good shape.

Closer to home, we've got Beatrice in potty training school with teacher Mama (I'm helping, but Mama's still put the plan together). The good news is, Bea tinkled in her potty chair for the first time this week! Yes, I'm comfortable using the word tinkled. Pee-peed works as well.

The bad news? Bryce still ain't sleeping well, which means we're not sleeping well, which means I may have to hit the couch again soon, which means me playing Angry Birds and continuing my sea-faring adventure through Moby Dick at 2:00 a.m. while Mama takes over the bed in an Ambienic haze.

*sigh*

Good times.

I wouldn't change it for the world.

Although, I wish I could send some of our zero gravity to Japan, Libya and a gazillion other places and circumstances around the world and in our own backyard (in one hour per week).

Maybe I'll poke a hole in our space station and share some AM Gold.

Yeah, maybe that's what I'll do.

"Oh, ho, ho -- it's magic, you know. Never believe it's not so..."


2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is magic when you can come to family playtime with your young ones. I miss that time. Congrats on your new career. Traveling can be a bummer, but I hope it doesn't cut too much into your precious family time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It'll definitely be a transition, but then again, things have been transitory for some time now. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete