Sunday, August 1, 2010

The fantastical zero-gravity lady bug hovercraft

Growing up there were two ads for make-your-own-fantastical products in the back of my comic books that I longed to have.

One was for a submarine and the other a hovercraft.

Exciting! Fun! Amazing! It really works!

Really? Well, I never got to realize those dreams. Guess that's why one of my favorite shows is Eureka, and more recently Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman.

Segue to here and -- now that we're 3 weeks away from Lady Bug Bryce's arrival (or 2 or 4...that all depends on her), Mama's all done.

Meaning, the baby in the belly's getting bigger and bigger and moving around in g, Earth's gravity, is getting harder and harder.

So I'm going to make her a zero-gravity lady bug hovercraft. I can do this.

Anybody have three old vacuum motors laying around?


1 comment:

  1. Sorry, no vacuum motor. :) I sympathize with Mama. I remember the last weeks of pregnancy lasting forever and feeling so big I never wanted to get up out bed. Uncomfortable isn't the word. Boy could I have used a zero gravity, lady bug hovercraft. I hope it's two weeks, not four.

    ReplyDelete