Why? Because Bea’s at that oral exploration stage where everything she get’s her hands on – including her own fists and feet – go into her mouth.
When Bea is happy – mouth opens wide – fists fly into the mouth. And when Bea wants to learn about a new object – and everything is new to a baby – she puts it in her mouth. We have dozens of drool rags around the house for these moments.
No teeth have broken the gum line yet, but we know that’s coming soon now that she’s on her way to 7 months next week.
Ah, from the mouths of babes…and into the mouths of babes...
So a little levity on Fatherhood Friday is in order after a busy week. The hip cats at FF at least get me motivated to share some fatherhood fun!
Here’s a list of items we don’t allow within the vicinity Bea-hand-foot-to-mouth action:
- Very small toys she could choke on
- Toys with removable or breakable parts she could choke on
- Toys we haven’t boiled in a pot of water yet
- Toys with lead content (which we bought a kit to check for this)
- Peeling paint (which thankfully we don’t have)
- Push pins
- Writing pens
- Power tools
- Motor oil
- Vegetable oil
- Household cleaners
- Other people’s feet
- Fresh diapers
- Not-so-fresh diapers
- Letter openers
- Japanese throwing stars
- Chinese throwing stars
- Indian arrowheads
- Chicken bones
- 300-year-old cats (ours is named Chelsea)
- Remote controls (keep yelling at Mama about this one)
- The California state legislature
- Toxic bank assets
- The seceding of Texas
- And lastly Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter (remember, hydrochloric acid burns)