Thursday, May 22, 2008

Daddy K Runs with Rocky then Sings the Preamble

I just returned from a business trip this week in Philadelphia, and man did I miss Mama A and Baby B!

I’m back safe and sound and that’s what’s important. It was a whirlwind trip, but I did get to see a few sights.

My colleague and I did an early morning run around the Philadelphia Museum of Art and up and down the steps Rocky Balboa worked out on. Whoo-hoo!

More importantly, I was truly moved (again) by this great country we live in. We walked to Independence Hall and saw the Liberty Bell.

Last night we attended a social event held at the National Constitution Center, not far from Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. We mingled with conference attendees, vendors and bronzed life-size statues of the founding fathers. There was a “keep it real” multi-media presentation about the founding of America and the meaning of “we the people” over the generations that has made (and makes) this country so amazingly vibrant, diverse and independent. I was practically brought to tears (well, I was, so don’t make fun of me).

We the People of the United States,
in Order to form a more perfect Union,
establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility,

provide for the common defense,
promote the general Welfare,

and secure the Blessings of Liberty

to ourselves and our Posterity,

do ordain and establish this Constitution

for the United States of America.


Schoolhouse Rock rocked my world and I can still sing the preamble today.

We can’t wait to take Baby B to these historical places including our nation’s capital. My dad loaned me a book by David McCullough titled 1776 and I’m knee deep in our nation’s history and loving it.

This is also an exciting year for democracy!

Rock the vote, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment