Sunday, May 18, 2008

B Lessons

My attempt at being part of the larger positive conversation stalled painfully last year, but I’m back at it starting much closer to home – as in my wife’s womb.

I’ve been sending family and friends updates related to our unborn child, Baby B, but now I’m bringing it online and I’m back in the blogosphere (although never really there except professionally).

It’ll be a work in progress. Like our unborn child. Did I tell you about Baby B? Oh, we must catch up real soon!

The following is from the best-selling book Happy for No Reason.

***

One evening a Cherokee elder told his grandson about the battle that goes on inside people's heads. He said, "My son, the battle is between the two 'wolves' that live inside us all. One is Unhappiness. It is fear, worry, anger, jealousy, sorrow, self-pity, resentment and inferiority. The other is Happiness. It is joy, love, hope, serenity, kindness, generosity, truth and compassion."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied --

"The one you feed."

***

This is what Amy and I strive for daily and what we will instill in Baby B. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment