Friday, December 19, 2008

Baby B and burp rags – so out it rolls

One of staff at work bought us the sweetest burp rag that reads:

I coo.


I poo.


That's all I do.


Used to think that's all I did until I met my little Baby B. What an amazing creature she is. I've already worked through the whole sugar-and-spice myth, but now there is drool everywhere. I mean everywhere.


There's an old SNL skit with Michael Palin hosting that tells "the horrible, disgusting, tragic story of poor Miles Cowperthwaite who had the nerve-wracking job of emptying drool buckets from an epileptic."


One of those comedy bits that stays with you. Of course, baby drool doesn't really fill up drool buckets, just soaks a burp rag or three. According to Drool 101 at Parenting.com, "Some babies just don't know what to do with their spit, so out it rolls."


Wow. Words from an M.D. So out it rolls.


I kept asking Mama A if maybe Bea's teething early, but that usually doesn't happen until six months and beyond.


Christmas drool for everyone! I'll have mine with a little brandy, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment