Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Daddy K and Mama A play with cloth diapers

The Tiny Tots diaper service delivered our first batch of diapers this morning early around 5:00 (when I get up), complete with the diaper covers, clasps and instructions.

Oh God, Baby B's really coming. Not here yet, but soon.


We've heard plenty of pros and cons either way and decided to give the service a try for environmental reasons. An estimated 27.4 billion disposable diapers are used each year in the US, resulting in a possible 3.4 million tons of used diapers adding to landfills each year.


That's a lot of crap. And believe it or not cloth diapers aren't much more over time.


We were going to practice putting them on the cat, but she didn't like that idea. We read the directions and I may as well have been reading German. Then we watched the Tiny Tots online videos while we were watching the Republican National Convention. Amazing parallels. (I think I just wet myself.)


So we'll see how it goes with the cloth diapers. I just made a hat out of one of them. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment